There are lots of ways for a fire to start, but who knew that chicken poop could be one of those ways?
Well, it is, just ask the firefighters who spend three hours putting out a blaze that was caused by none other than a 22-ton pile of chicken crap. According to UPI, firefighters from Britain were called to a property to put out the smelly flames after the poo, which was being used for manure, spontaneously combusted.
That's right, the chicken poo burst into a fiery frenzy all on its own, which experts have warned about. Basically, what happens is that the chemicals in poultry poo can cause it to spontaneously combust if the pile becomes too large to allow heat to escape. So, if you're going to have tons of chicken poop laying around, a good rule of thumb would be for it to not be a 22-ton pile.